K-9 Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinic
Appointments will be made hourly. Dogs are taken through the training course in the order they have checked in, but please plan on being present for an hour.
- There is one Rattlesnake Awareness Clinic (RAC) held each year. It is generally held the weekend before Father's Day weekend.
- Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. MT on May 1.
- Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The event sells out each year. Tickets are not available for walk-ins.
- There is no Waiting List. If a spot becomes available, it will be open for purchase on the registration link.
- All sales are final and non-refundable.
- The RAC is a non-profit fundraiser to benefit the DCSO K-9 Unit and to ensure all the DCSO K-9s complete the rattlesnake training.
- Ticket purchases – the amount of the ticket price that is tax deductible is limited to the excess of any money over the value of the goods or services provided. Donations are fully tax-deductible.
- The event is staffed by volunteers.
- Prior year attendees will receive an email in February and April as a reminder that registration will open on May 1st.
- When you purchase a ticket for the RAC, a receipt will automatically be emailed to you. Your registration day and time are listed at the top of the receipt. Please keep a copy of this receipt. Check your Spam folder if you do not see the receipt in your Inbox.
- When you attend the event:
- There is nothing you need to bring, but we do ask that you keep your dogs leashed.
- When you arrive at the clinic, check-in at the registration desk. Because you have already purchased a ticket, your name will be on the registration list.
- Dogs are taken one at a time through the course. After you sign in, you an your dog will be called up to participate in the training. There are eight dogs scheduled for each hour, and they are called in the order of check-in.
- For additional information or questions, contact info@K9Friends.org.