Donate to Friends of Douglas County K-9
Make a one-time donation
The Douglas County K-9 Unit is funded almost entirely through donations. Give back to your community and join your friends and neighbors in honoring the officers and K-9 heroes of the Unit by making a one-time donation.
Friends of Douglas County K-9 is a nonprofit 501(c)3 foundation (tax ID 45-2699561).
Click here to make a one-time donation.
Proceeds from the Howling Good Time 2012 gala and other donations will help pay for:
- A new K-9 to replace Borris
- Essential training for handlers and the K-9s
- Equipment for both training and deployment
- Veterinary care for retired K-9s
- Public education
- Other K-9 Unit needs
Proceeds from the 2011 Howling Good Time gala and other donations paid for:
- Kevlar vests for the K-9s
- Tracking harness for K-9 Loki
- Safety suppressors for the handler's firearms to help protect the dogs' hearing
- Veterinary and emergency care for retired K-9s
- Final care expenses for K-9 Leon
- Training equipment
- Professional decoy, tracking and safety training
- Legal policy training for police dog handlers
- Tracking training seminar (to be held early October 2012)